Monday, June 13, 2011

School Assignment: Marc Jacobs, Oh, Lola

School Assignment
{ Week #10 - Current Designers }



by Julie Naughton
Source: WWD ISSUE 06/10/2011
Summary: Marc Jacobs will be launching later this summer, Oh, Lola.
He has been in the fragrance business since September 2001. 
"I never thought when we started years ago that we'd be a big player
in the fragrance world. It seemed like, at best, we could have the name
on a bottle, but I didn't think we'd have such success and appreciation
from the public," Jacobs told WWD.
Originally, Jacobs’ scent license was held by the American Designer Fragrances 
division of the LVMH-owned Parfums Givenchy and distributed in about 
200 doors in the U.S. In 2003, Jacobs’ beauty license was acquired 
by the Coty Prestige division of Coty Inc. 
That 2003 sale to Coty has launched some of Jacobs’ biggest scents to date, 
which include 2007’s Daisy, 2010’s Bang and 2009’s Lola.
The last fragrance is getting a little sister, Oh, Lola, 
a play on "oh la la." She has a recolored bottle 
and is a little more seductive - Sweeter.

(images via WWD)

3 comments:

  1. I love this ad with Dakota Fanning, she's a doll! I want to smell this perfume, I'm sure it's amazing.

    xoxo
    http://www.thewrittenrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, just stumbled across your blog and love it. I always wish I majored in fashion instead of PR so I would have awesome assignments like this!

    http://www.amandasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg dakota is so stunning!!!!

    love this post

    x

    ReplyDelete